4 Function Switcher / MIDI Amplifier Controller
The Switch Gizmo is our most cost-effective solution for adding MIDI capabilities to guitar amplifiers. It can connect to almost any guitar amplifier that uses one or two 1/4-inch mono or TRS jacks for its footswitch. This covers the majority of amps on the market. With the Switch Gizmo, you can control your amp's channel switching and any other footswitchable features of your amps from a MIDI controller or MIDI enabled effects processor like the Line 6 POD HD500, Boss GT-100 and others.
What's the difference between the Switch Gizmo and Mini Amp Gizmo?
The Mini Amp Gizmo is specifically designed for amps that have complex footswitches and proprietary footswitch connectors. These amps require a Mini Amp Gizmo and an interface cable made for that specific model of amp. Amps like the Mesa Rectifier and Road King series, Bogner Ecstasy and Blackstar HT Stage series are examples of amps that work well with the Mini Amp Gizmo.
The Switch Gizmo is specifically for amps that use 1/4-inch mono or TRS jacks for its footswitch. No special interface cable is needed, only the appropriate off-the-shelf 1/4" cable(s). It works with a variety of amps including the Marshall DSL, Mesa Lonestar and Mini Rectifier and many, many others.
- High quality relays for maximum compatibility and reliability
- Each TRS jack is electrically isolated from the other, making it possible to connect to two amps simultaneously
- Both latching and momentary switching are supported, further increasing compatibility
- Can be controlled by both MIDI Program Change and Continuous Controller messages
- Stores up to 256 presets
- Accepts 9V to 12V, AC or DC
- Can phantom power MIDI controllers that accept power over a 7-pin MIDI cable
- Heavy-duty extruded aluminum enclosure
- Made in the USA
- 3 year warranty
- 4 function switches, connected to two 1/4-inch TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) jacks
- 256 presets, arranged in 2 banks of 128
- Responds to both MIDI Program Change and Continuous Controller messages
- Can provide phantom power through the MIDI In jack. (9VAC, over pins 6&7 of a 7-pin MIDI cable)
- Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 1.5 inches (10.2 x 10.2 x 3.8 cm)
- Weight: 10.3oz (300 g)
- Power requirements: 9V-12V AC or DC (either polarity) @ 150mA
The Switch Gizmo can be powered by any power supply that works with BOSS pedals, as long as that supply can provide at least 150mA. The Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus will power the Switch Gizmo if you use one of the power supplies' Line 6 outputs. We also offer an AC adapter (sold separately) that supplies 9VDC @ 500mA.
For more information on this product, please visit our main website.